6 useful tips on how to promote your art
If you are an artist, simply creating art is not enough: you need to promote it intensively. Your artistic path may lie in the need to create and leave your mark on the world. However, this does not help to present your work to the art community. The key to success is to make sure that your art reaches the right audience and potential buyers. Unless you make an effort, no one can tell you how much he likes your work or buy it.
Promotion of your art should not be yours. You do not need to do everything at once. In fact, one of the important points of successful promotion is a concentration on specific goals. This means that the very first step in promoting your art is to formulate what you want to achieve.
1. Use your portfolio to promote your art.
When developing a strong artistic portfolio, consider the opportunity to develop your brand. Your portfolio should facilitate the process of submitting contests, placing publications on your site and developing marketing materials. One of the most important elements here is the visual reproduction of your art, as this is exactly what attracts the viewer.
Here are some general recommendations on portfolio formation:
– Every high-exposure photograph should be well taken and visually convincing. Remember that in marketing, visual perception is everything.
– Each image should be accompanied by a brief and fascinating text. Details such as size, material, title, and a brief job description should be indicated. One of the best ways to interest a potential buyer is to tell the story of creating artwork.
– The work should be accompanied by a strong biography. If you manage to attract the attention of a potential buyer, he will almost always show a new interest in your work. Do not be afraid to share your story: your education, how your art developed, what inspires you the most and what you hope to give to the world with the help of your art.
2. Promote your art with a strong Internet presence.
In every industry, digital marketing is becoming increasingly relevant, and the world of art is no exception.
Digital marketing can take several different forms:
– Online galleries are becoming the norm and are an excellent platform to promote your art through attracting the attention of new collectors and art lovers.
– Art site or artist profile on a popular web resource is also required to promote your art. This is an easy and convenient way for fans to find you on the Internet and view your latest work. Enter your website address on business cards and emails.
– Social media has become a powerful tool to attract new fans, and to communicate with the permanent. Creating business accounts / pages on networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest is a great way to generate and maintain interest in your art as it develops. An online presence can really make a huge difference to your career.
3. Art competitions promote your art.
For a beginning artist, art contests are one of the most effective ways to gain practical experience in the art world. In fact, art contests open up new artists and give a start to their careers.
Here are some of the main advantages of art contests:
– Art competitions allow you to show your art among your peers. Experts agree that this is one of the best ways to show your talent as an artist. Any feedback you receive will give a new insight into your art and allow you to grow as an artist.
– They look at your work in the presence of gallery owners, curators and editors, who, in turn, may affect your career. In fact, the winners of art competitions almost always receive broad advertising opportunities from the organizing gallery or organization.
– Your work will be seen. Even if you do not win, participation in the competition can bring dividends. In fact, this is one of the most cost-effective ways for beginning artists to gain valuable experience and replenish their resumes.
Choose which contests are right for you, starting from your goals. For example, if you are interested in making your career on a global level, choose international competitions.
4. Network, network, network
Creating a reliable network in the art world is one of the most effective ways to promote your creativity. In addition, the network can provide you with new features that you did not know about before. Artists can promote their art through networking and networking.