My experience selling paintings at the Jose Art Gallery
Some colleagues are wary and distrustful of selling paintings on the Internet, preferring the old proven ways to sell their work. I will try to dispel their doubts.
Now in the community of the online gallery Jose Art Gallery consists of 365 artists from around the world. And their pictures also see the whole world, 365 days a year, day and night. This is its difference from the usual gallery, which has an address in a city, a room and opening hours.
The artist does not need to worry about where to find his buyer; this is done by the gallery curators, because a person of art in most cases is best at painting pictures, rather than thinking about his promotion and who to sell the fruits of his work to.
Why do I collaborate with the Jose Art Gallery. Here are some reasons:
– The gallery’s site is available in English, Russian and Chinese, and therefore the audience of potential buyers is not limited to Ukraine and neighboring countries.
– Each artist has his own page on this site, where you can tell everything about yourself and your work that you consider necessary. You can announce your exhibitions, other events of art-life, in which you participate. This ability to publish articles on its own behalf turns the online gallery into a professional social network.
– The artist’s office has a convenient user interface with advanced features.
– On the page there is an individual online gallery, and the pictures posted there are available for purchase.
– From their original works, you can make prints.
“Since there are not so many artists in the gallery, their works are always in sight, they are easy to find and see.
– Any artist who collaborates with the gallery can add pictures to his page (and, of course, delete his works from it).
– On the gallery site you can see the statistics of visits to their work and the profile of the artist.
– Available around the clock customer service and artists.
– Designed a convenient form of payments for customers. In Ukraine, payments are made through Privatbank, in the world – using Visa, MasterCard, PayPal systems. After the seven-day money-back period provided for buyers, the author is paid a reward for the painting sold.
– For buyers from Ukraine, free delivery of works in Ukraine is provided.
Despite the above advantages, in my opinion, the site has some drawbacks:
– When a buyer buys my work, I, as an artist, do not receive information about him, for me he remains unknown, I don’t understand where he came to the site from – whether he found me through a search on the Internet or saw my works in the general list of other works artists. When selling the work to the buyer, I can only track the tracking of the parcel without specifying the final data.
– Gallery curators allow individual artists to appear in the top works, in the “All Works” section in the gallery more often than others.
Do I need to contact the help of online galleries?
Of course, the question may arise – why should an artist contact the gallery and pay her a commission if you can create your own website? The question is reasonable, but only at first glance. Yes, if you have a website, you can sell your work on it, but in this case you spend a lot of time and money on its support and promotion. After all, it is necessary to solve not only technical issues related to its creation and filling, connection of payment systems. There is still such an important nuance as website promotion on the Internet, because there are hundreds and thousands of artists sites there. And the likelihood that the buyer, if only he personally does not know you and your work, will find your site on the World Wide Web, is very small. In our case, the JAG online gallery takes care of all these questions. At the same time, the gallery gives the artist the right and opportunity to link from his page to his website.
My recommendations to colleagues
I would like to give some advice to artists who are beginning to cooperate with the Jose Art Gallery. Take the creation of your page on this platform as seriously as the creation of your page on social networks. Give more information about yourself, tell us about the participation in exhibitions and available merits, add links to your pages on social networks and to your website, if you have one.
Regularly add your work to this resource, because in this case, your paintings will often be kept in the upper rows of works exhibited in the gallery, which will increase the number of views, and therefore the chances of a sale. Also, the number of views will increase if you share your work on social networks on the gallery, with a link to your page.
To promote the creativity of artists-friends of the gallery, the guys from JAG came up with interesting innovations – they began to hold the contest “The Best Picture of the Week”.